1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, The Food for Friends Contest (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to 18 years or older residents at the time of entry. Employees of The News Reporter, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or win.
3. How to Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin on November 3, 2020, and end at 8:00 PM CT on November 23, 2020. (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Only (1) entry per email address per day. No purchase necessary to win. You may enter the contest at NRcolumbus.com/contests. The News Reporter will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, or illegible entries or failure to receive entries due to transmission or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network. All entries become the property of The News Reporter. The News Reporter shall determine any questions regarding the number of entries submitted in its sole discretion. The News Reporter reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
4. Winner Selection. One (1) Winner will be chosen weekly for (3) weeks to win (2) $150 Gift Certificates to Hill’s Grocery Stores. The winners will be chosen on November 10, 17, & 24, 2020.
5. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified on the drawings’ days by a Facebook video posted on The News Reporter Facebook page. To claim the prize, the winner must pick up the prize at The News Reporter, 127 West Columbus Street, Whiteville, NC 28472. Valid government-issued photo identification will be required. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information, and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation to the Internet or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners per these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of The News Reporter.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of The News Reporter. The News Reporter reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by The News Reporter. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which may corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, The News Reporter reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated before the stated expiration date, The News Reporter reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect any other provision’s validity or enforceability. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed following their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The News Reporter, Hill’s Food For Friends, is a sponsored contest. The decisions of The News Reporter regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. The News Reporter will not be responsible for typographical, printing, or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Sarah Crutchfield, Director of Circulation and Subscription Services at The News Reporter, by email email@example.com.