Sheriff’s detectives have broken up a group of suspects in a series of thefts targeting firearms and valuables.
Warrants show Katie Elizabeth Sutton; Garrett Michael Snodgrass; Nekema Haley; and Joshua Hulon were arrested on warrants drawn by Det. Paul Rockenbach with the sheriff’s department. All are charged for their roles in the break-ins of homes on Bill Hooks Road, Red Hill Road, Midway Road, Hallsboro Road South, and other locations.
The victims included Henry Willis Nance III; Albert Moore; Elouise Hulon; Vickie Dukes, and Bradley Wayne Thomas.
Among the items stolen were shotguns, handguns, jewelry, cellular phones, power tools, and other valuables.
- Joshua Hulon, 26, 2767 Midway Dr., Chadbourn — three counts each of larceny of a firearm, and breaking, entering and larceny. His bond was set at $60,000.
- Nekema Haley, 20, 688 Spring Hill Dr., Whiteville — four counts breaking, entering and larceny, three counts larceny of a firearm. Bond was set at $57,500
- Garrett Michael Snodgrass, 25, 222 S. Wilson St., Chadbourn – four counts larceny of a firearm, four counts breaking, entering and larceny. His bond was set at $105,000.
- Joshua Grooms, 25, 65 Wayne’s Way, Whiteville – two counts breaking, entering and larceny, and four counts of larceny of a firearm, $16,000 bond.
- Katie Elizabeth Sutton, 23, 9251 Peacock Rd., Chadbourn, one count each breaking, entering and larceny, and larceny of a firearm. Bond was set at $20,000 secured.
See Monday’s print edition for more on this series of thefts.