Tue Jan 19, 2021

One person hospitalized after fire consumes house in south Whiteville

img-title
Whiteville firefighters work to put out a fire at 2002 S. Madison St. late Wednesday afternoon. Staff photo by Thomas Sherrill.

A fully-involved house fire sent one resident to the hospital with unknown injuries late Wednesday afternoon and blocked traffic on U.S. 701 S. in both directions, according to Whiteville Fire Chief David Yeargeau.

The fire, called in around 5:15 p.m., came from the house at 2002 S. Madison St., across from

You have met your free view limit. To access the full article, please login or subscribe.
The News Reporter is the leading print publication dedicated to the The News Reporter lifestyle and provides readers with the information they need to live strong, vibrant, healthy lives. Subscriptions Include:
  • Immediate access to all web content.
  • Immediate accèss to our digital library of 40+ editions of The News Reporter.
  • The News Reporter delivered to your door every Tuesday and Friday.
  • Free Print Extras: 954 Mag and Flourish magazines each printed twice per year.
Subscribe Today
 

View the Digital Edition

Community Events

january, 2021

No Events

Download Our App

google-play.png

google-play.png

Business Card DirectoryGive a Gift Subscription
X
X