- Wolfpack Optimist edge Columbus County 16-13 for District 2 Majors title.
- Post 137 sweeps Wallace Post 156 in opening round.
- Columbus County Dixie boys advance to state finals before losing to Hope Mills American.
- The South Columbus Debs win their second consecutive Dixie softball state title.
- Tyrell Kirk scores 18 point and grabs 8 rebounds and is name MVP of NCCA East-West game.
- East Columbus SweeTees earn second straight trip to World Series.
- South Columbus Angels advance to its third consecutive World Series appearance.
- The Columbus County Debs win twice in “win or go home” games to claim World Series title.
- Whiteville golfer Matt Townsend wins the Tar Heel Youth Golf Association event for 16-18 year olds held in Wilmington.
- Scott Johnson is named South Columbus baseball coach, replacing Bradley Strickland, who resigned to take a job at Green Sea-Floyds.
- Megan Storms Whitesell is promoted to head varsity softball coach at South Columbus, replacing Johnson.
- “Visiting” teams win the 31st annual BB&T Jamboree Football event by a score of 70-46.
- Alfonso Pantaleon and Christian Hernandez from South Columbus sign to play soccer at St. Andrews.
- Pharoah McKever plays final collegiate season with Butch Davis at Florida International.
- All 4 Columbus County Girls Tennis teams earn wins on August 22.
- Whiteville football rallies from a 14-point deficit to edge West Brunswick 29-28.
- The West Columbus Boys Soccer ends a 38-match winless streak with a 5-0 victory over Fayetteville E. E. Smith.
- MacKenzie Gore ends his Arizona Rookie League season having pitched 21 and 1/3 innings, allowed 14 hits, 7 walks, 34 strike outs and 1.27 ERA.
- East Bladen defeats Whiteville 14-6 in football. This would be Whiteville’s only regular-season defeat
- West Columbus Girls Tennis completes a 5-4 win over Whiteville in the completion of a suspended match. WHS wins the regular match 5-3.
- South Columbus edges East Bladen 14-13 in football. This would be the Eagles only regular–season defeat.
- Whiteville High graduate Hunter Smith earns the win in the Greenville Drive’s South Atlantic League title-clinching win. Smith also had a save in the series for the Boston Red Sox Class A affiliate.
- In one of the most intense volleyball matches in Columbus County history South Columbus defeats Whiteville 3-2 to take sole possession of 1st place inTRC.
- On the same day, West Columbus defeats East Columbus in volleyball 3-2.
- East Bladen defeats Whiteville in a Boys Soccer match between the two unbeaten, in conference play, squads. East Bladen would end up “running the table” in TRC play.
- South Columbus smashes St. Pauls 49-13 in a battle of unbeaten TRC football teams.
- Whiteville football outscores Fairmont 38-0 in the second half of a 58-16 win.